This training is SOLD OUT!
The Next Jaya 200 Hour Teacher Training will take place in Brooklyn Fall 2018!
Jaya is thrilled to team up with our sister studio School Street Yoga for this very special training in Waterville, Maine!
Begins April 2018 & Ends October 2018!
This teacher training is limited to 15 people, it's intimate, you will receive a tremendous amount of feedback on your practice and your teaching!
Training encompasses 6 - weekends of in-depth study and practice under the direction of Carla Stangenberg and co-direction of Ramit Kreitner; with guest experts from the Jaya Yoga Center Brooklyn Sangha coming up to SSY to make this training extra magical!
What you will learn
ASANA Alignment Sequencing
PRANAYAMA Breath Awareness and Mechanics
PHILOSOPHY Yoga Sutras of Patanjali and the Bhagavad Gita,
KIRTAN Chanting Bhakti
MEDITATION Mindfulness / Anapanasati / LovingKindness
A LOT OF TEACHING PRACTICE
First and Last weekend schedule is Thursday evening, 6:00pm – 8:30pm, Friday, Saturday, Sunday 7:30am – 5:30pm, with lunch break.
All other weekends are Friday evening, 6:00pm – 8:30pm, Saturday, Sunday 7:30am – 5:30pm with lunch break.
April 5-8 (Friday night, Saturday & Sunday)
May 11-13 (will end at 4:30 to honor mother’s day)
1. Light on Yoga by B.K.S. Iyengar
2. The Heart of Yoga: Developing a Personal Practice by T. K. V. Desikachar (this book has the translation of the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali we will use for the training)
3. Gita Wisdom by Joshua Greene
4. Ganesh Goes to Lunch by Kamla Kapur
5. Living Your Yoga by Judith Lasater
1. Attendance at 2 classes per week preferably with Susan and Jeri at SSY. All classes with Jeri and Susan are included in the TT payment from March - June 10 and then September - October 14, 2018. Classes are not included from July and August. For all other classes discounted class cards will be on offer.
2. Teaching a community class: After graduation each new teacher will be required to teach a 75 minute School Street Yoga Community Class.
$500 – Non-refundable deposit to assure a spot due by February 1st, 2018
$2,250 – Early bird (remaining payment in full by February 1st, 2018)
$2,500 – Payment plan, remaining payment of $2000 due in $500 increments, on the first 4 weekends scheduled.
There will be a $60 processing fee if using credit card.
Take the plunge, there is no time like the present, there is not time but the present, fill out an application here! If you have any questions about the program please contact Carla here!